So Tuesday was my 2 week weigh-in since rejoining Weight Watchers. I was at 204.5! That’s 7 lbs in 2 weeks. A bit fast, but consider that I’m changing my medications and got back to exercising. (I can almost see Onederland (when my weight will start with a 1 instead of a 2).)
As for the de-toxing from cymbalta and the other antidepressant/sleeping pills, it went great the first week. Didn’t really miss it at all. Well, had a little trouble staying asleep all night, but it was Spring Break so I slept in a little. This past week was a little more challenging. I find that I have almost zero tolerance for frustration theses days, yet no shortage of extremely frustrating situations. I’m lucky that my husband dearly loves and understands me and has been able to weather Hurricane Beth so far. (Love you, Babe!)
Been really concentrating on tracking my food the past two weeks. I think I’ve gotten just about every little thing in my WW tracker. What hasn’t been as easy is keeping up with eating all of my fruits/veggies and milk portions. It’s easy to get thru the day, use up all my points (on healthy choices) and still not get enough veggies or milk.
My plan for the next phase (Week 3) was to cut out all packaged foods. I don’t think I’m going to be able to tackle that this coming week. We’re going out of town for a few days, so I won’t be doing the cooking and that means less control over what I eat.
Instead, I think I’m going to re-double my efforts to both Track and Eat All Recommended Food Servings (They call them Good Health Guidelines at WW). I can do this on the road, just as easily as I can at home.
What went well this week:
1) Tracking every meal every day
2) Lost another 3 pounds
3) Exercised Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday! Three days at the Y or walking outdoors and 3 kick-boxing classes. Thursday is going to be my day of rest for the next few weeks. It was disappointing to me last week that my endurance was so poor. It’s getting better quickly. I hope I can still do the Warrior Dash in May.
1) Plan ahead and be prepared. I thought I would get a snack at Planet Smoothie before working out and then have a light dinner after class. Well, even though I picked one of their “Lower Calorie” options, when I went to put it in the tracker it was 9 points! When you consider that I get 29 points for the entire day, that was way too much for a snack.
2) Make sure to have plenty of smoothie frozen fruit and yogurt at the house. It’s a good way for me to get in a fruit/milk and I was sad when I ran out and didn’t have time to go to the store.
3) I’m tired of water and tea. Not sure what to do about that, add lemon, get more tea flavors? I was dying for a Diet Coke yesterday and ended up having one today. Once in a while is OK, but it’s a slippery slope for me to go from 1 Diet Coke to 44 oz every morning!
That’s about it for this week. I’m starting to feel like the WarriorBabe again!